Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,681 Posts
Some women who work in the same building as I were discussing personal styles of dress. One of them told me my style was to be ridiculously overdressed.
And she will experience no repercussions. Yet if you had said to her what she said to you, she'd be accusing you of creating a "hostile workplace." And your due process would fly out the door. You would be flayed, skewered, and roasted.

· Registered
3,681 Posts
Then again, nice khakis, OCBD's, good seaters and leather shoes ARE better items than many who I encounter on a day to day basis wear.
Never underestimate the benefit of having a good seater. It takes a heck of a lot of time in the gym to get one, but it's totally worth it. Nothing equals the satisfaction of having a comely lass compliment your fine seater. Fishertw, I sure can't blame you for bragging about yours.

· Registered
3,681 Posts
Every language adapts words from other languages, sometimes changing the pronunciation, sometimes not. Do you e.g. think "kindergarten" is of English origin?
Really good point. Linguistic cross-pollination has enriched many a language. Consider all that Yiddish words have done for American English: I'm grateful to have at my disposal such terms as megilla, maven, nosh, chutzpah, glitch, nebbish, schlock, klutz, shtick, dreck, schlep, mensch, schmooze, and on and on. Such useful and evocative words.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.