Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,396 Posts
I purchased a pair of the Bombay/cognac calf chukkas. Unbelievably great looking and fit is perfect. I called Ron on the phone right before Thanksgiving and he told me that the Calf shoes/Boots would be 25% off starting the day after TG. He did not have to do that. He could have sold them to me at full price. He then sent 2 pairs for me to try in 2 different sizes. He is a perfect gentleman and a great guy. I will buy more from him soon.

· Registered
2,396 Posts
Eagle...good choice on the balmoral high boot by Ron Rider...had it not been for my latest G&G Canterbury balmoral boot delivery yesterday, I would have considered Ron's Cordovan Shannon-killer

Ron has some decent designs...but if you desire the use of Cordovan leather either for in stock shoes or a special order...he's the go to guy right now

The only bummer against Ron now is that for American clients who purchase English made shoes (ie from EG or G&G), the devaluation of the British pound is making his product cost the same as the above named British shoe makers

Can anyone comment, if they are a G&G or EG client and a Rider boot client as to comparing these products?
Really a different animal. Ihave several EG and G&G shoes. Ron has concentrated on the boot area and chukkas in calf and Shell cordovan with a shell penny and shell NST blucher. G&G and EG don't use Shell to my knowledge. The GBP has come down but not quite as low as what Ron is selling his boots at. Also the lasts are a bit different. You have to see them to know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.