Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
214 Posts
Richard's a good guy and runs a fine shop. Charging extra for the working sleeves ain't nothing compared the overall value of his product and service. $600 smacks for a custom suit in LA is an excellent value.

· Registered
214 Posts
A tailor asking if I want functional button-holes for a $20 surcharge is akin to a shoe salesman telling me there's an extra $20 charge for shoe laces.
A silly and sophomoric analogy. With a bespoke starting price point at $600, there will obviously be different options and grades of work. Hence the option for working buttonholes.

· Registered
214 Posts
What's silly and sophomoric is your inability to comprehend the quality of bespoke versus an upstart "mickey mouse" job.
You're expecting first rate service and bundling of options from third rate pricing. That fallacious logic, no way around it.
DopperDandy: Richard Lim has made 3 suits and 2 sports coats for me. All of very good quality - and considering the price, and all around excellent value. Also had suits made all of the world. I think I've learned a thing or two about this. Your statement therefore is not just wrong, but deeply, irredeemably ignorant. Mr. Lim is no Mickey Mouse. And you are no Dapper Dandy. Coolal was generous in his assessment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.