Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thoughts? Camping, hiking, fishing trad?

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
I love the Rhinohide trou, but this doesn't work for me at all. Looks very clumsy. The gorge seems very low, and that, in turn, makes the lapels appear truncated. And while I normally dig quirky trim on sportcoats, here it just looks odd.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I have one and wear it late spring, summer and early fall. They are cotton after all. The jacket is something of a travelers coat, with lots of interior pockets with zippers or snaps and a hidden pocket and a mesh lining to help you stay cool. Its very casual..more so than most other sport coats. Like most Orvis stuff the sizes run large. Probably considered by most to look more dressy than the usual windbreaker or waist length jacket.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The right person could pull it off (i.e. must openly frequent Montana tri-annually, minimum). Looks like it may be a very baggy fit, but i definitely could see how it could work. All in all , I like the thought.

If you can do it, go for it.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
I bought one of those from Orvis a while back. I loved it (somewhat for the funk factor!), the wife hated it (claimed it made me look like a Hobo!), it was donated to Goodwill! Enough said. ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, I don't think I could pull it off; I don't even like it as much as I did yesterday.

SO, any suggestions for outdoorsy clothing, or should I just try to absorb Orvis, L.L. Bean, Filson for ideas? I'm not a fan of technical fabrics unless they're hidden in linings, etc. Many of my formative years were spent in the woods wearing natural fibers, and I feel there has to be somebody still making that sort of thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.