Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,947 Posts
Why is this 92% Arab and 8% black person being put up as maybe Americas first black President?
"O'bama is actually Irish. That is why he praised his republican kinsman Ronald Reagan.... His favorite breakfast cereal is, you guessed it. Lucky Charms. Just look at resemblance between o'bama and the leprecan. Who does not associate Chicago with the Irish? How else to explain a man rising from community organizer to candidate for President of the United States of America in just a few years. It has to be the luck of the Irish!"

· Registered
1,947 Posts
At least George constrained most of his catastrophes to overseas victims. I just don't believe that we will get off so lightly at home with both the executive and legislative branches controlled by the Democrats. Still, Obama winning is probably the best chance the Republicans have of taking back the legislature.
You honestly believe that most of the problems of the last 8 years did not effect Americans at home, and we have gotten off "lightly" as a country?

Wow. :confused:

· Registered
1,947 Posts
I do not think people were arguing over the effects of the problems, merely the historical origins. You do not care about who actually was involved in causing them, and why they happened, so we can hopefully learn from past mistakes?

Wow. :confused:
There is plenty of blame to go around in this current economic crisis, but watching Republicans refuse to face up to their share of the problems and distance themselves from their president and the last 8 years of failed policies and monster debt, is truly amazing.

· Registered
1,947 Posts
There is no doubt the Repubs, and most notably Dubya, have made some pretty egregious mistakes. However, the Dems have controlled both houses for two years now. Not a single remedy for what ails us. And I do not see Dems jumping up and down to take ownership of a Dem POTUS doing things like signing the CRA and BMA. In fact, I only notice you pointing a direct finger at the Repubs and mentioning that there is "blame to go around," no direct ownership of the problems, or their origins. I am making direct statements that both parties share in the blame, and the groundwork was laid well before Dubya.
I already said both sides share in the blame, if that isnt good enough for you - dont know what to tell you.

The fact remains that Republicans controlled Congress from 1995 to 2007, and both congress and the white house from 2001 to 2007 - and I dont honestly think the American people are going to forget who's watch this happened on.

· Registered
1,947 Posts
LOL. Who's watch this happened on? Again, who signed the CRA? The BMA? Who has controlled both houses for the last two years, and we can't even get off shore drilling to start during an energy price crisis? You say it's both sides, then attempt to place the blame strongly on the Repubs. :rolleyes:
You claimed earlier that "the groundwork was laid long before Dubya" now you are pointing out that for the last 2 years Democrats have controlled Congress.

So which is it? A problem that has been brewing for decades, or something that just poped up over the last 20 months?

You know as well as I do, that the Democrats have such a slim margin in congress right now, they couldnt pass a kidney stone without concessions - so not sure what your point is in bringing that up, other than contradicting yourself.

Bottom line is this, Republicans like to use selective memory to claim the good and back away from the bad.

When the economy was doing well in the 90s, the right claimed that Clinton deserved very little credit...as the economy was driven by Congress.

Now, that they have controlled the congress for 75% of this decade and 12 of the last 14 years - they dont want any of the (bad) credit for the mess we find ourselves in?

Gotta love it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.