Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Honors Member<br>P-Bomb
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Missouri, Republican law enforcement officers and public prosecutors intend to judge whether or not Obama supporters are telling the truth in regards to what they say about McCain. They intend to use the power of their office to inform the people they deem are not truthful to stop telling what they deem to be lies. They are the "Truth Squad" and intend to intimidate "lying" Obama supporters into silence, using the power of their office. This was done at the request of the McCain campaign. Also, notice the McCain campaign stickers over the shoulders of both state officials on the door to the state office.

Don't believe it? Here's the video:

·
Honors Member<br>P-Bomb
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is pathetic actually; since when did those numb skulls become "experts" on anything?
It's more that pathetic. It is a clear use of the power of the state to silence dissenting voices. Prior restraint of content like that is completely egregious. I just don't understand why this is not being publicized.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Looks like the governor beat this down pretty quickly. Hopefully there are more people out there like this guy.

I seem to remember a time in history when squads similar to Obama's "Truth Squads" were tracking down those opposed to the 'leader'. Nothing like oppressive tactics to wake you up in the morning.
Is this the kind of stuff we have to look forward to if the O-meister is elected? I Hope not but fear it is the Change Obama would like to bring.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Obama and change. Flip flop flip flop sounds like a fish out of the water.

Why is this 92% Arab and 8% black person being put up as maybe Americas first black President?

Why are so many Jews voting for an Arab? (hope that is not a racist question)

Last question- Does he go to church for politics and not Christianity? Some people say so, which would make him a fraud, and I'm wondering what others think.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
I just don't understand why this is not being publicized.
katie couric smeared Bush about the school law that Bush and Ted Kennedy made but, she never mentioned Ted Kennedy who probably wrote most of the Bill. She made it sound like a total disaster, and that it was all Bushes fault. 20 minutes into that "news" the Chairman of the company should have fired her. The Chairman should be tared and feathered for not being an honest person. For he is responsible for what is said on the news. His hand is tied to being a liar with katies half truths.

This is the way it has been with the left media "news" since I started paying attention to it about 31-32 years ago.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Didn't Obama draw first blood in the forming of a "truth squad?"

https://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/01/22/598186.aspx

Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 10:53 AM by Domenico Montanaro

From NBC's Domenico Montanaro
The Obama campaign held a conference call to announce the South Carolina Truth Squad "to respond forcefully" to "the incredible distortions that are coming from the Clinton campaign in particular and our desire to set the record straight," said former Sen. Tom Daschle, an Obama supporter, from Greenville, S.C., where Obama is expected to speak at Furman College later today.
Daschle cited that "Bill Clinton this morning again" was distorting Obama's record on the war and what Obama had said about Republicans.
"Over and over again," Daschle said, "we find the Clinton campaign has made an overt effort to distort his [Obama's] record."

The campaign also announced a hotline (877-622-6228) for supporters to call if they get robo-calls or negative mailers, which the campaign has said happened in Iowa, New Hampshire and alluded to it now taking place in South Carolina.
Missouri "Truth Squads" To Protect Obama Campaign

1933 Germany had a "Truth Squad" to defend against attacks on Hitler. Face it people. Free speech is the friend of a person with nothing to hide

Where is your outrage over this, oh yes I see since the Dems did it, that makes it okay in your book.

·
Registered
507 Posts
here is a more "fair and balanced" view of the issue

Take note of this passage:

"But a review of McCain's own truth squads shows he has a district attorney from New Mexico and the South Carolina attorney general ready to respond to misleading ads from Obama and Democrats in their respective states."

·
Registered
431 Posts
Ok, so rather than falling into mindless party politics, why don't we just agree that a) both sides are doing it, b) neither party should be doing it and c) it's puts our society on a slippery slope toward political censorship.

·
Honors Member<br>P-Bomb
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
here is a more "fair and balanced" view of the issue

Take note of this passage:

"But a review of McCain's own truth squads shows he has a district attorney from New Mexico and the South Carolina attorney general ready to respond to misleading ads from Obama and Democrats in their respective states."
If only this linked story/blog had some sourcing for this claim, with some solid information and possibly the two named people, on camera, at their publicly funded offices, with McCain '08 stickers on the doors, clearly visible in the interview. If these people said they were going to determine what was true or not, and go confront those people, under the guise of their office, I would heartily condemn them. Until I have sources giving me this information, I will consider this some left wing blogging attempting to smear with the same wrong.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Why is this 92% Arab and 8% black person being put up as maybe Americas first black President?
"O'bama is actually Irish. That is why he praised his republican kinsman Ronald Reagan.... His favorite breakfast cereal is, you guessed it. Lucky Charms. Just look at resemblance between o'bama and the leprecan. Who does not associate Chicago with the Irish? How else to explain a man rising from community organizer to candidate for President of the United States of America in just a few years. It has to be the luck of the Irish!"

·
Registered
507 Posts
If only this linked story/blog had some sourcing for this claim, with some solid information and possibly the two named people, on camera, at their publicly funded offices, with McCain '08 stickers on the doors, clearly visible in the interview. If these people said they were going to determine what was true or not, and go confront those people, under the guise of their office, I would heartily condemn them. Until I have sources giving me this information, I will consider this some left wing blogging attempting to smear with the same wrong.
https://www.palmettoscoop.com/2008/...-for-false-negative-attacks-with-truth-squad/

https://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/06/30/mccain-campaign-launches-new-truth-squad/

even palin has her own truth squad

·
Honors Member<br>P-Bomb
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm sorry, but not even close. The first two links concern the January 2008 Republican primary in S. Carolina. The people concerned said they shall "issue statements" if a negative add is being told. Not stop people, and prosecute them under "ethics laws", creating a prior restraint situation, as the video of what is happening now in the POTUS race explains will happen. The last McCain link, lists two retired friends, not state and local LEO and prosecutors, shall issue statements.

Maybe the term "Truth Squad" is confusing you, and you think all truth squads are created equally (and within the Constitution)? Or did you think I'd not actually read the links and analyze them?

·
Honors Member<br>P-Bomb
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
"O'bama is actually Irish. That is why he praised his republican kinsman Ronald Reagan.... His favorite breakfast cereal is, you guessed it. Lucky Charms. Just look at resemblance between o'bama and the leprecan. Who does not associate Chicago with the Irish? How else to explain a man rising from community organizer to candidate for President of the United States of America in just a few years. It has to be the luck of the Irish!"
To Obama's credit, he has never falsely claimed to be Irish, as John Kerry did.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.