Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I picked up a pair of chinos for weekend casual wear. They were way on sale and what I wanted -- all-cotton, good color, flat front, correct fit -- except for one thing: The store had hung them with a crisp crease down the center of the legs. I figured I the crease would disappear after I washed, dried and steam-ironed the pants, all of which I have done. But the crease remains! Any tips on how to remove the crease? I'd really rather have a plain, unfinished look to the chinos.

·
Registered
996 Posts
this doesn't happen to untreated cotton

I'm assuming they are some form of the dreaded 'no-iron' (I've learned to shy away from any tag with the words iron, wrinkle, stain, guard, or free on the tag. If there's a way to remove or neutralize this chemical coating, I'd love to hear it too.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Today I picked up a pair of chinos for weekend casual wear. They were way on sale and what I wanted -- all-cotton, good color, flat front, correct fit -- except for one thing: The store had hung them with a crisp crease down the center of the legs.

I figured the crease would disappear after I washed, dried and steam-ironed the pants, all of which I have done. But the crease remains! Any tips on how to remove the crease? I'd really rather have a plain, unfinished look to the chinos.
You have picked up a pair of treated chinos, they are made this way to maintain the crease.

Are they in returnable condition? if not wear them at home or pass-on to someone else.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm assuming they are some form of the dreaded 'no-iron' (I've learned to shy away from any tag with the words iron, wrinkle, stain, guard, or free on the tag. If there's a way to remove or neutralize this chemical coating, I'd love to hear it too.
They are indeed "wrinkle-resistant." I'm going to hang on to them, since they were bought on clearance (around $20) and are otherwise good, but I think the crease spoils the look. Maybe with repeated wearing and washing the line will fade.

Thanks to everyone for their insights. If there's any other methods I should try, let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.