Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of suit trousers with belt loops that I prefer to wear with braces. How much would it cost to have the belt loops removed? The loops appear to be sewn into the bottom of the waistband. I see no reason to keep the loops, as I find them quite useless and inelegant on a suit. Could I also use the extra fabric at the bottom of the trousers to have D-ring adjusters made? How much would that cost?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I understand from other posts, some by tailors, that belt loop removal is possible and not particularly expensive. But I have to ask, have you considered that, for the most part, no one is going to see the belt loops on a pair of suit trousers, since you will be wearing a coat most of the time?

·
Registered
757 Posts
I was thinking about this ...

but it always comes down to too much fuss.

Buy a pair of pants that are suited for braces - Polo has these regulary (and they appear at outlets) as well as others.

Or sew the brace buttons on the inside and wear braces at your heart's contempt.

Andrey

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I wear braces with all suits and sport coats ....

Since all are rtw, I don't bother about the belt loops. They are always hidden by my jacket. Side adjustors are not needed with braces either. When the belt loops are sewn between the fabric and the waist lining, they can be a pain to remove. Use your money to buy more braces! Help support Albert Thurston.

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but it always comes down to too much fuss.

Buy a pair of pants that are suited for braces - Polo has these regulary (and they appear at outlets) as well as others.

Or sew the brace buttons on the inside and wear braces at your heart's contempt.

Andrey
That is indeed what I have. But most of the Polo trousers have belt loops and braces buttons. I have one pair with buttons and side tabs that I like infinitely more. The loops are starting to bother me.

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since all are rtw, I don't bother about the belt loops. They are always hidden by my jacket. Side adjustors are not needed with braces either. When the belt loops are sewn between the fabric and the waist lining, they can be a pain to remove. Use your money to buy more braces! Help support Albert Thurston.
I want to attach side adjustors so I have the option of wearing the trousers with or without braces.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.