Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking the collective experience on this Forum, please weigh in on the constrution (good-year welted?), comfort and longevity of the Red Wing boots which I see becoming more available of late. J Crew and Bloomingdales now carry them. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Picking the collective experience on this Forum, please weigh in on the constrution (good-year welted?), comfort and longevity of the Red Wing boots which I see becoming more available of late. J Crew and Bloomingdales now carry them. Thanks.
Red Wings at Bloomingdales?!?! No way! In any case, I have a twelve-year-old pair that have been resoled twice and are going strong. My son may have the honor of wearing them into the ground.

Buzz

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have two pairs of Redwing boots. I can say they are crafted in a nice old fashioned way and they last. I have been to a Redwing store in Santa Barbara, CA this fall and they even had some extremely rugged fire brigade boots on display and farmers boots by redwing. They even seem to do several models on order only.

Redwings in Germany are sort of expensive to buy in the states they seem to be okay.

I'm sorry to say that Timberland doesn't seem to have those old-fashioned stitched through classic moccasin cut boots anymore. I had a great pair of them. But now they all seem to be welted. So the got replaced with RW.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.