Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 488 Posts

·
Registered
27,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hoping not to come off sounding 'tasteless,' I too "go for red meat," but my culinary and sartorial experiences include critters of the equine persuasion. Growing up in the country, I also love most animals and have owned and raised chickens, rabbits, dogs, horses, a calf and a pig, etc, through various phases of my life! ;)
Equine!?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Don't make me wait any longer Flanderian. I give up, who made these?
Straight out of Tokyo! :eek:

These long wings were credited as being made by JOE Works Shoemakers. While Japanese shoemakers are better known for their super svelte oxfords, the Japanese also have a long standing love of Ivy. (After all, they own both J Press and Paul Stuart.) And when they want to, they can do it very well. I have no beef with a really, really well made pair of gunboats, Tokyo origins not withstanding.

·
Registered
27,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LOL. France is where I experienced horse meat, but if you find yourself travelling to South Korea, one can add dog and cat to their list of gastronomical experiences...all in the interest of cultural expansion of course. ;)
If I were to open a restaurant, it'd serve horse. The main horse dish would be called Seabiscuits'n'gravy
I had a horse burger last night - I think I have the trots.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
27,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Not to be argumentative, but cat was on the Korean menus back in the day and a quick check with Wikipedia seems to indicate they continue serving such to this day. I can't say they eat cat, but they certainly sell and serve it to those so inclined! BTW, if you ever have a hankering to try guinea pig, next time you are in Peru, it's pretty good! LOL. ;)
I can't help but form a mental image of a group of Korean waitstaff peeking around a corner and pointing while choking back guffaws, "Look at the dumb American, he's eating the cat!!! :D

I don't want to challenge Wikipedia, but I worked for a year in Korea in the late 1970s, spent a good deal of time travelling around the country and never heard or saw anything that would suggest that they ate cats. Dogs, yes, best served as keh tong with lots of gotchu.
And a similar group of Korean waitstaff elsewhere pointing and saying, "Look at the dumb American, he doesn't know he's eating cat!!! :D

Makes one realize why some elect vegetarianism.

But is it really vegetable!?!?

1 - 20 of 488 Posts