Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 544 Posts

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
36,800 Posts
I do go for red meat, though will not go for horse, because of my love of horses.

Nice looking shoes though a bit busy for my tastes.
Hoping not to come off sounding 'tasteless,' I too "go for red meat," but my culinary and sartorial experiences include critters of the equine persuasion. Growing up in the country, I also love most animals and have owned and raised chickens, rabbits, dogs, horses, a calf and a pig, etc, through various phases of my life! ;)

·
36,800 Posts
Nothing at all wrong with horse meat. It's quite tasty. In France, we had filet chevalin, which is basically horse meat cold cuts that were served on a baguette.
I don't doubt you, but I hope never to find out. :deadhorse: Cultural conditioning, and all.
LOL. France is where I experienced horse meat, but if you find yourself travelling to South Korea, one can add dog and cat to their list of gastronomical experiences...all in the interest of cultural expansion of course. ;)

·
36,800 Posts
Koreans do not eat cats.
Not to be argumentative, but cat was on the Korean menus back in the day and a quick check with Wikipedia seems to indicate they continue serving such to this day. I can't say they eat cat, but they certainly sell and serve it to those so inclined! BTW, if you ever have a hankering to try guinea pig, next time you are in Peru, it's pretty good! LOL. ;)

·
36,800 Posts
Korean white rice is delicious. A few vegetables alongside, as DJC suggests, is all you need for a healthy, enjoyable meal..
Throw a slab of red meat on the plate to keep that rice and those vegetables company and you have what may be slightly less healthy, but much more enjoyable meal! LOL. ;)

·
36,800 Posts
^^LOL...I've gone through more than a few pair of Weejuns' over the years. My last made in the USA pair were resoled twice before they finally gave up the ghost...good memories. The Creighton shirt, on the other hand is quite another matter. I used to cut off the locker loop to avoid having it torn off by one of the 'locker room A-holes! ;)

·
36,800 Posts
^^With that tray of lobster(s) as motivation,
I suppose it's time to have the wife to assemble my daily ration of two eggs, fried in water, and a toasted, dry English muffin? :crazy: My friend, I think I might hate you! LOL. ;)

·
36,800 Posts
Ah, august member FiscalDean has enlightened us! So for a mere $4,500, or so, you should be able to fix yourself right up with a few pounds! :D
At those prices one would think that they could have afforded a bowl without a big chunk broken out of the side of the bowl, as seen in the lower left corner of your original photo collage! LOL. Alas my taste buds must be as unsophisticated as the rest of me, because I honestly have never understood all the fuss made over Truffles(???). :icon_scratch: ;)

1 - 20 of 544 Posts