Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased two pair of vintage Florsheim Royal Imperial Wingtips. Although one is NOS and the other is almost unused, I wonder what the options are for reconditioning. I have a local cobbler but he does mediocre work. I live in the Philadelphia area but would deal with a good online shop if someone has a good recommendation. Thanks.

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. Actually, the two pairs that I recently bought will probably last my lifetime without needing recrafting. I was thinking of doing a recrafting if I saw a good pair of shell cordovan LW with modest wear on Ebay. That would round out my collection.

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a cobbler in downtown West Chester almost across from the court house. Pisano and Son is the name I believe. He does good work but not the kind of reconditioning that you would get from using Alden. I do not thrift and I do not really like the idea of buying second hand shoes. I made an exception when I bought a pair of brown Florsheim LW because they were in like new condition. I would make an exception for a good pair of shell LW too if I knew I could have them restored to like new.

· Registered
238 Posts
Is there anyway to have vintage florsheim's recrafted so as to have reproduction soles?

I do rather like those rows of brass nails. It would be rather sad if the shoes came back looking like a pair of vanilla AEs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.