Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work as a physician, and in the hospital I have to wear my white coat all day. I dont like to wear suits, because with the white coat Ill only be wearing the pants, and over time, it will wear unevenly (Ill essentially never really wear the blazer). Anyway, I was wondering if there was a particular brand of trousers that you guys favor; something a little modern and sharp looking to wear to work (Im 28 years old, so I like a little snap but not so much as to be unprofessional). Any recommendations? I like to stick to Saks just for convenience and my store credit account, so are there any brands you guys like more than other? I have a few nice pants that I wear, but it seems as though alot of the designers are all super low rise these days, and these just look awkward to me for some reason (Im in good, athletic shape, but something about these really low rise pants look strange when shirts are tucked in). So, what do you guys think? More looking for style at this point with a little less preference towards longevity. Thanks ahead of time!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
My personal favorite is Oxxford. Very comfortable to wear and come in S R and L rise. Although the L rise may start at 36. The R rise with them is substantial.

Yes, I like the Zanella Platinum but they don't hold up as well on a long work day as the Oxxford.

Perry

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I know this will draw some derision, but trust me and give them a try. Armani makes very nice odd trousers, in interesting fabrics and a great fit.

Barring that, I second the recommendation for Canali.

Have you considered Brooks Brothers? They have trousers in both Regent (slimmer) and Madison fit, pleated and flat front. They are a great value.

I also favor Etro and Isaia, but both of these may have a lower rise than you like, but have a very pleasing, trim fit.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I have never found a brand with a sufficiently high rise (I do not have access to the above mentioned brands) so it's mtm for me. This allows me to get mostly what I want and a great fit too boot.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well, I have a few different designers/manufacturers in my wardrobe that I rotate depending on a variety of factors, it's a hierarchy of sorts. Now, don't beat me up about the prices, I know that sales, eBay, Off 5th, etc. skews this.

Off the top of my head, I am a fan of Zanella and Incotex. I find that the craftsmanship, balance, fabrics are all at the top of RTW unless you dive into Kiton, Brioni, etc. but those are overkill for most of us, IMO. Even with Incotex and Zanella, which run in the $200 range, you my find better value elsewhere for your work setting.

As mentioned, Brooks Brothers is a classic choice as well. I agree with the assesment eagle2250 made. Also, I have recently found some good deals on Hugo Boss pants from Nortdstrom's and Saks Off 5th. I have paid in the range of $85 to $110 and I am very pleased. Good balance, weight and the fabrics have a very nice hand. For me, the cut is very flattering and the construction is respectable.

In the "value" category, I own some Banana Republic trousers for which I have paid in the $25 to $45 range. There is a noticeable drop off in fabrics, etc as expected, but I must admit for the money they are a good deal. Besides, your in a hospital at all hours I imagine and your pants are covered by a lab coat. Similarly, I where the BR pants when I travel, etc. They are quite durable for the money. For a few dollars more, there's also the "346" from the Brooks Brothers outlet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.