Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a clothing brand that could be my go-to. Here are some information about me and what I'm looking for in a brand.

• 29 y.o
  • I like classic, but modern looking style that doesn't fall too far behind the trend, but no fast fashion either
  • Annually, I spend about $500-$800 on clothes, and my wardrobe is a bit of a minimalist
  • Has just about everything one would need in their wardrobe
  • I work in a bit conservative business environment, so having a quality selection of suit, dress shirts/shoes, and ties is important
  • It also needs to have a solid membership system
  • My significant other has somewhat similar taste and needs for her clothes, so a brand that caters to both men and women is a big plus
  • No need for full blown luxury, but upscale image and name recognition would be good also
Given those information, what are some brands you guys would recommend?

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I've been looking for a clothing brand that could be my go-to. Here are some information about me and what I'm looking for in a brand.
  • Annually, I spend about $500-$800 on clothes, and my wardrobe is a bit of a minimalist

Thank you so much!
Is this your current budget? In my mind this would buy a heavily discounted quality suit and that's about it. Granted if you know what you want you may be able to buy thrifted clothing or NWOT on eBay at extreme discounts.

·
Super Moderator
488 Posts
No need for full blown luxury, but upscale image and name recognition would be good also
Chances are that if you go for brand recognition, you'll be wasting your money. Many brands mentioned in this forum will not ring a bell for those outside the forum.
Why use your hard earned money on buying mediocre quality with a fancy logo when you can get quality instead?

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
So you want a brand that offers both men and womens clothing?
You want one that can be had by membership?
And you only want to spend 500 dollars a year?

I think you may want to reconsider a couple if not all of these.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
In my efforts to keep the details of my life as simple as possible, I go to Brooks Brothers and O'Connell's for most of my clothing needs and to Alden, Allen Edmond's, Rancourt and Lucchese for most of my footwear (although several other brands have also crept into my footwear inventory!). It is possible to keep the cost down, somewhat, by shopping sales and clearance racks for the brands mentioned. Good luck in your hunt! ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
My favorite are Brooks Brothers for clothes and Allen Edmonds for shoes. I like both of those brands and they both have stores near me so I get to actually go in and try out things. I'm sure there are a bunch of other brands out there, but I'm not as experienced in nice clothes as other people on here. Just a couple of years ago, buying upscale clothes for me meant going to JC Penney rather than Target. :p

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
"I like chocolate ice cream that's actually vanilla. :icon_scratch:
That should allow you to buy a least several pocket squares from Paul Stuart!
    [*]I work in a bit conservative business environment, so having a quality selection of suit, dress shirts/shoes, and ties is important
Leaps tall buildings in a single bound! Faster than a speeding bullet!

Huh!? :icon_scratch:
  • My significant other has somewhat similar taste and needs for her clothes, so a brand that caters to both men and women is a big plus
(See above re-tall buildings.)
What, you're gonna wear your clothes inside-out!?!? :pic12337:

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
I recieved my first 4 Spier and Mackey slim fit shirts 2 weeks ago. Very well made, substantial material, and the best fit I have ever gotten. I’m a 15.5/33 am 5’ 9 1/2” and weigh 158lbs. They could be bespoke by how they fit. And what a great hand, thick buttons, and perfect bell shaped button down collar. I think they are 3 1/4or 3 1/2”.

I have 2 of their wool trousers, and find them second only to my Hertling which cost almost twice as much.

I’m a convert.

·
Read Only
2,318 Posts
I recieved my first 4 Spier and Mackey slim fit shirts 2 weeks ago. Very well made, substantial material, and the best fit I have ever gotten. I'm a 15.5/33 am 5' 9 1/2" and weigh 158lbs. They could be bespoke by how they fit. And what a great hand, thick buttons, and perfect bell shaped button down collar. I think they are 3 1/4or 3 1/2".

I have 2 of their wool trousers, and find them second only to my Hertling which cost almost twice as much.

I'm a convert.
Yeah I think I saw @Spex post about them here first a few years ago. I didn't care for their selection back then, but they've improved a lot since. Much of their selection is also quite seasonal.

I used to buy CT shirts, but S&M's shirts fit me far better and are lower priced. CT has low armholes, even in slim fit. Can't even raise arms comfortably. Collar roll on S&M's OCBDs is awesome.

Glad you're enjoying them.

·
Registered
777 Posts

• 29 y.o
  • I like classic, but modern looking style that doesn't fall too far behind the trend, but no fast fashion either
  • I work in a bit conservative business environment, so having a quality selection of suit, dress shirts/shoes, and ties is important
  • It also needs to have a solid membership system
  • No need for full blown luxury, but upscale image and name recognition would be good also

Thank you so much!
What is a "solid membership system"?

Why do you and your s/o need the same brand?

Ignoring whatever a "solid membership system" is, JCrew or Lands End will get you where you're looking to be in terms of price, if you wait for the good sales, and both sell both men's and ladies clothing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.