Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week I received as a gift a Filson Field Satchel and also a Seiko Watch that I have been wanting. A few pictures of the watch I found online are below:

https://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...3DmGb%26sa%3DX

Super excited to get my wardrobe going with some quality pieces that are going to last me for a long time. Currently, I have the above mentioned pieces, a pair of dark brown Santonis, and a pair of black AE Park Avenues. Over the next couple of months I am completely revamping my wardrobe to get rid of my old college clothes and upgrade with nicer, quality pieces.

Just wanted to share and thanks for this forum. It's really helped me out a lot in trying to figure out the best way to build a quality wardrobe that I can build off of for years to come.

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck, thus far I see a watch a bag and two pair of shoes - its jacket, shirt , slacks and suit time ! Keep us posted.
I definitely will and probably ask a lot more questions along the way.

I still need

2 1818 BB Regent suits: Navy and Charcoal
Navy BB Blazer
2 gabardine trousers: gray and tan
12 dress shirts
12 ties
3 belts
1 pair of dress loafers: (hoping for some shell cordovan for my bday)

· Registered
38 Posts
It sounds like you are on the right track for the makings of a solid versatile wardrobe. Although I'm not a huge fan of the traditional "sack" suit look, BB has been doing it forever.

Love the SARB031. :icon_smile_big: It's in my top 10 watches for under 500. It looks like the Grand Seiko 3,000+. Sapphire crystal, never needs a battery ,the 6r15 movement is reliable, hacking, semi accurate +15 to -10 secs a day, and most watch makers can get it better than that. Classic creme dial, also looks great with a tan leather strap, or chocolate gator. Straight up great dress watch!

The bands are easy to remove with a spring bar tool.

· Registered
1,387 Posts
^

That watch oozes class. I don't like the idea of spending too much on a watch but $450 slide in right under the $500 limit I'd place. I've found a similar model on that website with a stainless bracelet. Not quite as elegant, but more versatile since I don't currently have a watch and need something that I can wear with brown or black shoes.

I'm tempted...

· Registered
2,538 Posts
Now, don't get me wrong, I like much of what BB puts out, but why the fixation? The reason I'm asking is that, if I read your OP correctly, you are launching from college. That puts you roughly at 22 or 23 years old, I should think.

So, here's my point: BB is fine for that "classic" look, to be sure, but don't you even want to consider something that might be cut a little "younger"? Given the consensus on these fora that suits last about five years with regular wear, you'll be changing out your BBs at just about the time you should be graduating to them, both chronologically and professionally. Just a thought.

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I absolutely love the watch and my filson field satchel as well. Looking into getting a deep brown strap to go with the watch and glad to hear that it isn't too hard to change out.

Added a few more pieces to my wardrobe since I posted this. I've added two 1818 suits and a BB Blazer in the Regent cut. Really like all of them. I've also recently purchased a pair of Alden LHS Moccasins.

To the question on why I am fixated on Brooks Brothers is because I find the suits are a good value for the money and after trying on various suits I find that BB fits me very well. Also, I'm 24 but am working at a large law firm this summer and am not looking to be cutting edge by any means. However, I'm not sure that I agree the Regent and Fitzgerald cuts are something that I will grow out of in 5 years. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Thanks again everybody.

· Registered
114 Posts
I definitely will and probably ask a lot more questions along the way.

I still need

Navy BB Blazer
Unless you are looking at purchasing an investment piece I wouldn't recommend the BB Navy blazer. For the price, I don't think it is worth it.

I was recently looking at one, but found that a RL Lauren label blazer from Macys for about $129 was pretty close with the quality and a lot cheaper. Balancing the value and cost savings I went with the RL blazer. Then I spent the extra cash on 6 BB no iron shirts.

I have seen other members recommend the RL Lauren label blazer. But, with that said, you have to make your own decision and just don't go by my word (or that of someone else.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.