Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a pair of vintage Florsheim shell plain-toe bluchers in 12D that I picked up a few months ago, very lightly used, from a thrift store. Problem is, I've come to the conclusion that they're a little too long for my foot. I've read on this forum about people sending in their shoes to AE, for example, to have them refurbished and at the same time having them re-lasted, usually a half-size smaller.

So my question is, can I do this with my vintage Florsheims? If so, where? Will I have to hunt down some shoe repair shop that still has an 11.5D Florsheim last from years ago, or can a good shoe repairman do so with another last that approximates the one my shoes were built on? Any leads (links) would be greatly appreciated.

edit: To be clear, I'm seeking to re-last the shoes along with re-soling, not re-lasting only. If that even makes a difference...

· Registered
69 Posts
I am pretty sure that you cant shorten the shoes at all. What you could do is send them to me and let me wear them and maybe by the power of positive thinking, I could use will them smaller for you.:icon_smile_big:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.