Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently received a pair of Alden LHS that I sent off to Alden to be re-soled/re-crafted for the 2nd time. The first pic is not a "before" photo of the recently re-crafted pair (which is the 2nd photo) but rather another pair I have in a similar, though not quite as dire, state of wear. The 3rd photo is an as-yet unworn pair that I bought from Brooks Brothers a few years ago when they were getting rid of their Alden inventory. I have been keeping them in their box in a safe place. The strategic cordovan reserve, if you will. I am again very pleased with Alden's work, and am planning to send off one or more other pairs for re-crafting soon.
Footwear Brown Shoe Dress shoe Outdoor shoe
Brown Dress shoe Outdoor shoe Fashion design Athletic shoe
Footwear Brown Shoe Dress shoe Athletic shoe

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Isn't it amazing how often we collect shoes, collect clothing, collect cameras and lenses, collect watches, etc. instead of using what we have? Humans seem to love items that appeal to our artistic sensibilities and we want more and more if it in our personal space. I know I do not really use these kinds of items to their fullest extent. Yet, I am grateful when I get them.
I don't "collect" shoes myself. I just happen to have an unusual number of this particular model of shoe. I loved the first pair so much and wore it so often that I was wearing it out, so I got a second pair via The Shoe Mart's Alden irregulars. They both continue to see heavy rotation and thus get a lot of wear at work where I walk on hard surfaces all day. I will admit buying a third pair was unusual, but BB was blowing them out at such a ridiculous discount I considered it a wise purchase. Indeed, they hold their value better than some financial instruments these days. And, ultimately, they will get worn despite being in reserve for the time being, as opposed to being purchased to keep unworn permanently.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts