Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
(aka TKI67)
3,183 Posts
A lovely recrafting job on my favorite shoes (even though at present I do not have a pair). My current dress shoe rotation is three pairs of Aldens: chromexcel LHS, snuff suede LHS, and shell tassell loafers in no. 8. They all get worn on a fairly regular basis. My big collection is not clothing or footwear. It is things for the kitchen. I have nearly reached that point where it will need to become one out for each new one in, but my rule of keeping only things that are used at least annually has been fairly effective. Also, as with clothing, I developed long ago a sensibility that saved me from acquiring things that might have been fun but would clearly not be long term keepers. That sensibility has served me well in all things and helped me to keep all things at or near the Goldilocks ideal level.

Back on topic, my shell LHS from Brooks served me well. I wore them often, sometimes five or six times per week (!) for thirty plus years. When they needed new soles I took them to a small local cobbler chain, Austin Shoe Hospital. I experimented with various soles and heels. I should have stuck to leather soles and heels and probably should have sent them to Alden rather than the local cobbler. They would likely still be in service.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts