Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Site Creator
13,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a sport jacket, shirt and trousers from Ravi recently on his Los Angles visit.

And then I did the unpardonable to him! :icon_smile: When I got home I looked in my closet and discovered a sport jacket very similar to the fabric pattern I had just ordered. Just a simple case of the customer not being prepared!!:eek: (And, hey, it's difficult to get in my closet to see what's there!:icon_smile:)

Well I looked at the Ravis Custom Tailor website and picked out some alternative fabrics, and then e-mailed them. I was afraid that the order was already in or they wouldn't want to change to something I hadn't actually looked at.

They could not have been nicer or more effective with their customer service. They immediately e-mailed me with some suggested fabric choices. I picked one and will be happy to share my reviews when the ensemble arrives.

Thanks Ravi for being so customer oriented!

·
Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
I have ordered from Ravis twice and also found their customer service to be outstanding. Unfortunately I haven't been able to say the same for the quality of the product. I ordered three pairs of pants and all three had construction flaws that I wouldn't expect to find on a pair of store bought pants.

For example, one pair had two of the belt loops situated right next to each other and then a huge gap to the next belt loop. Another pair had the spacing all wrong on the front closure. If you buttoned the button, the hook didn't line up with the clasp; and if you attached the hook the button didn't line up with the button hole. The last pair had the crease on one leg so far twisted to the outside that I just donated them to Goodwill.

If these had been issues with the measurements and sizing I would have returned them to get the measurements right, but these were construction issues. I had my local alterations tailor correct the belt loop and button placement mistakes on two pairs of the pants and I wear them now with no issues. Am I just being too picky? I ask because I really like the two pairs of pants that I kept after the repair jobs were done, but three for three for these type flaws have made me reluctant to order from them again.

Cruiser

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I placed my first MTM order with Ravi several years ago since he was the only traveling tailor coming anywhere near my home in the mountains of North Carolina--if 90 miles is near. I'd learned from this forum the importance of being measured by the tailor. I was more than pleased with the fit and finish of the first two suits, ordered with what he described as "All the bells and whistles"--canvassed, pick stitching, working button holes ($15 extra) and knock-your-socks-off red Bemberg lining. Suit 3 was similar in a midnight blue PL, giving me enough suits for the rest of my life.
Besides some shirts I've ordered a sport jacket and blazer by watching his website and picking the clearance fabrics he offers from time to time saving around $75--$100 a pop.
I happened to be in DC when he was there last month and wore my last suit to see if he thought the fit was still OK. No problems so I've got a jacket and 4 pants being done.
I know other members have had some issues, but so far so good.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have a couple suits from Ravi, and they're pretty good. I haven't had construction problems. I do suggest going full canvas, etc. And Having Ravi measure you does help. (I need him to recheck my shoulder measurements. I started working out again, nothing he did wrong.) And they are supper friendly to deal with.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I'm no expert on tailoring, but my jacket and pants arrived a couple of weeks ago without any obvious to my eye problems. Nor have I had any problem checking the website in the hopes he'll run another clearance. I had two jackets made last year from his higher level fabrics that wound up costing about what his lower level line does.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I guess the Ravi site could be getting blocked by the censoring here, Great FireWall of China. Could be on shared hosting/common IP address, which often gets blocked because of something the government doesn't like on the same server. No problems accessing AAAC though.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I guess the Ravi site could be getting blocked by the censoring here, Great FireWall of China. Could be on shared hosting/common IP address, which often gets blocked because of something the government doesn't like on the same server. No problems accessing AAAC though.
Mike - perhaps try the anonymous setting for your browser and then check the site www.ravistailor.com - it is possible you may be able to visit the site this way.
Hope this is of help.
thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
We only take Bicep measurements if necessary - for example if you have very large biceps or have been weight training etc and have built them up.
In general bicep measurements are not really necessary.
thanks

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I ordered a sport jacket, shirt and trousers from Ravi recently on his Los Angles visit.

And then I did the unpardonable to him! :icon_smile: When I got home I looked in my closet and discovered a sport jacket very similar to the fabric pattern I had just ordered. Just a simple case of the customer not being prepared!!:eek: (And, hey, it's difficult to get in my closet to see what's there!:icon_smile:)

Well I looked at the Ravis Custom Tailor website and picked out some alternative fabrics, and then e-mailed them. I was afraid that the order was already in or they wouldn't want to change to something I hadn't actually looked at.

They could not have been nicer or more effective with their customer service. They immediately e-mailed me with some suggested fabric choices. I picked one and will be happy to share my reviews when the ensemble arrives.

Thanks Ravi for being so customer oriented!

It is surely no great deal to change the specification so soon after an order was placed - I can see few refusing.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Mike - perhaps try the anonymous setting for your browser and then check the site www.ravistailor.com - it is possible you may be able to visit the site this way.
Hope this is of help.
thanks
Ravi I don't think it's a case of the browser's privacy setting. What is actually happening is that your site's IP address is getting blocked by the censoring here in China. Even though your site most likely doesn't have any content which may be politically sensitive here, there may another site running on the same server which is. This can happen with shared hosting.

By the way China is not the only country which practises this kind of internet censorship.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.