Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to go to the office today, and it is rainy today in Indy. So I thought it was a good day to wear my Rancourt Ranger mocs, since I knew I'd have to be outside some. It wasn't raining too hard when I was out. Now I've been caught outside heavy rain a couple times in dress shoes and the leather got a good soaking. However I have never had the inside of my shoes get wet before - the bottoms of my feet at the ball were soaked. This is my first pair of ranger mocs, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something. It's just caught me totally offguard (and no fun to have wet socks at work). Would this be normal for this type of shoe, or is there something wrong with them?

Liquid Fluid Ingredient Amber Serveware

· Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,122 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was wondering if the stitching was "loser" on the Rancourts. I've never had my feet get wet with my oxfords/derbys, even in torrential rains. Live and learn. :)
The moccasin design seems to contribute to water getting into the shoe, when it rains. I have several pair of Rancourt Ranger Mocs and in really wet conditions, they do get a bit damp on the foot. I've found Rancourt's Beefroll Penny loafer designs to be a lot more resistant to water getting in while walking on sloppy wet sidewalks/streets. Good luck. ;).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.