Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An ad for Rancourt recently popped up in my social media feeds, so I took the bait and clicked. To my surprise I found they make a small range of standard oxford and derby styles, priced a bit below AE at $350 to $395. Longwings and a handsome split-toe both drew my attention, along with a cognac color Rancourt calls"Amber Calf." So Ranourt is not just a source for more rugged or casual looks.

View their dress models here: https://www.rancourtandcompany.com/men-s/oxford-derby.html

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
With three pair of their Penny Loafers, two pair of their Camp Mocs and a pair of their Venetian Loafers, in my rotation, I will tell you without reservation that Rancourt's are worth every penny you will invest in them! They sell very comfortable and well made shoes. :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I agree with Eagle about Rancourt. Having owned three pair of various forms of camp mocs, they are great. My only issue is that with new orthotics that I have, they are not as roomy in the toe box as I would like. While they ARE custom made ie. leather, sole, stitching etc. they are not custom fit. I have recently had great correspondence with Rancourt as to whether they could find a fit for me that would have the volume necessary for my foot and for the orthotic. After several very helpful exchanges about fit and size we jointly decided that the ranger mocs will not work for me. I sincerely appreciate the efforts that Rancourt folks went to in an effort to help me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would encourage any one to give Rancourt a try. I have a pair of the Camden Derby model. I have had them for about a year and a half, and I wear them a few times a week. I have lots of other shoes, but find that I keep reaching for this pair. They are now just about my favorite casual shoe for fall, winter and early spring. They are a bit heavy, but are now really comfortable. My only gripe is the rubber on the heel is too thin and wears away too quickly. They are Chromexel and I brush them frequently but have only applied some Venetian creme a couple times, and they look good despite how often I wear them. I also have a pair of Rancourt boat shoes. Will be getting a pair of penny loafers soon. Rancourt has become my go to brand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.