Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
416 Posts
While I would like to see Press, the Andover Shop, or someone offer the merchandise you describe at great prices there doesn't seem to be much of a market for that. I think part of the problem is retailers still want to carry suits in inventory and charge a premium for mtm when the total cost for mtm has to be the same or less then otr, given the lower costs for the retailer, perhaps a tad higher for the maker. There is also less of a demand for suits these days, and even more so quality suits, so the volume is less. I myself haven't worn one since February and likely won't until mid-september. Ten to 15 years ago, I wore one 5 days a week.

On second thought, you might like Zareh's in Boston, not "trad" but traditional with Hickey and Oxxford if you are after suits.

· Registered
416 Posts
Who makes the J. Press Presidential line suits and sport coats anyway? I have heard Southwick, but the last time I was in NYC, the Prestige line seemed straight Southwick, the tag on the 2 button darted model even said Dorset, so I think the Presidential line must be something better. When ever I ask on the construction of the Presidential suits, I get a vague, canvassed, some fusing, you know Hickey has fusing too line. Similar story around the corner from the Andover Shop. All this is why I buy GF's on sale, I know what I am getting and on sale, no one comes close on price. It would be nice indeed to have a store along the lines of your "dream J. Press."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.