Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced rain suit/warmup suit for wet weather running? I know: track suits are abhorrent. But I run a lot, and would really like to find a nice looking rain or wind suit, (nylon? polyester?) so that I can suit up on rainy days and not get drenched.

I prefer a suit that has elastic at the bottom of the legs.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Lecaf offers a couple nice options. They don't have built-in elastic cuffs, but they do have elastic bands that can be tightened. I have a nice Lecaf warmup that's good for rain when it's a bit cooler out. Other than that, I would say something from Nike or Adidas should be just fine.

And track suits aren't abhorrent unless you think they should be worn for a purpose other than exercise.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The "best" performance/value waterproof tops currently available are made by a company called Gore.

I run most days and have had various incarnations of this top over the previous 5 years.

As for bottoms it rather depends on what you are comfortable wearing. On cold wet days I'll wear a Lycra based tight, but understandably some people feel less than confidant in such an item.

Patagonia do a "non tight" tight which I guess would be very good, (based on their other products)

I personally wouldn't bother with classic tracksuit as the wet weather will make it feel heavy, fit poorly and generally ruin your running experience. Proper gear will increase your enjoyment and that in turn will make your run more.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Gore-tex and other similar fabrics/treatments make a jacket waterproof. If the rain is moderate to heavy then this is your best bet. If the rain is light then water resistant will do ok. Head over to your nearest true running shoe store. They should have the apparel and the expertise to steer you in the right direction. Another source is an on-line running store such as roadrunnersports.com

Absolutely agree with helo-flyer. Proper long distance running in difficult weather (that includes the heat) calls for technical apparel and running shoes, not trad wear.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
If its warm enough for rain, I just wear shorts, but have also on occasion worn Nike Compression Tights with a pair of shorts over...I tend to like shorts best though, as if the tights get too wet, it becomes very uncomfortable. Any track top thats not a cotton should do for the upper...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Patagonia Capilene. I find it difficult to keep dry when running, no matter if it's raining or not, and this material wicks away moisture in either situation. Capilene 1 almost feels like you're wearing nothing (but it blocks the sun). Capilene 4 is quite warm if you're moving and doesn't lose its warmth when wet. Somehow it doesn't get that heavy either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.