Men's Clothing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obama took his first step in building his team on Wednesday when he offered Illinois Rep. Rahm Emanuel the job of White House chief of staff. Emanuel would not tell FOX News if he had been offered the job but said if he had, he has a lot to think about since he has just been re-elected and needs to consider his family and children before he makes any decision.

·
Registered
631 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
For all the rage about bailing out Wall Street, Freddie Mac/Fannie Mae and the $million$ paid to their executives, Obama seems to be pretty fond of them.

·
Registered
361 Posts
A simplistic view of things but it looks like Obama may have taken a lesson from the Carter era and is trying to hire a chief of staff that won't allow a congress of his own party to make him ineffectual. Apparently Rahm Emanuel is a hard a$$ who may be able to keep things in control. One reason Johnson was so effective was that he knew how to work congress and twist the correct arms to insure he got his policies passed (how else could the Civil Rights bill have been passed).

·
Registered
915 Posts
I'll be holding my breath waiting for Iran's letter congratulating Senator Obama on his selection of chief of staff :)

Let's see - chief of staff former board member of Freddie, treasury secretary (ostensibly) the CEO of JP Morgan... I think putting the people responsible, even indirectly, for the current crisis in charge of everything might not be the best idea.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
For all the rage about bailing out Wall Street, Freddie Mac/Fannie Mae and the $million$ paid to their executives, Obama seems to be pretty fond of them.
Yes, and if one dissects his campaign contributions one will find that the fond feelings are mutual.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Excellent choice as chief of staff.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Obama is getting ready to make Carter look like the second coming. Putting some of the most corrupt and inept people you can find anywhere on the planet as part of your advisory committee is rather an auspicious start for even this moron. It makes me want to puke thinking this is what America wanted for itself.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Obama is getting ready to make Carter look like the second coming. Putting some of the most corrupt and inept people you can find anywhere on the planet as part of your advisory committee is rather an auspicious start for even this moron. It makes me want to puke thinking this is what America wanted for itself.
I sure hope you didn't puke on your nice suit. However, if you did, I know for a fact that there are several fine dry cleaners in Oklahoma.

By the way do you really mean that Obama is off to an auspicious start? If that is the case, I am in the frightening position of having to agree with you.

Buzz

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I'll be holding my breath waiting for Iran's letter congratulating Senator Obama on his selection of chief of staff :)
Interesting, since on the left we're hearing people criticizing the choice because they view Emmanuel as too hardcore a supporter of Israel.

We'll see. I'm inclined to think he's a good choice if Obama wants to get stuff done.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Excellent choice IMO...experienced, politically savvy, and a no-nonsense task master (from what I hear). He's just what Obama needs. It will be the perfect good cop/bad cop combo in the White House.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Interesting, since on the left we're hearing people criticizing the choice because they view Emmanuel as too hardcore a supporter of Israel.

We'll see. I'm inclined to think he's a good choice if Obama wants to get stuff done.
Exactly! Emmanuel is the consummate insider who knows how things work. Every executive needs aWalsingham, and Obama has found his.

I wish our new President good luck and God speed. He has the reigns of power now so lets give him a chance. There will be another election in 4 years. Let's see how things go.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Got to ensure that some get to pay $27,000 per plate of food fundraiser get paid back again and again and again...

I do hope Obama does somethings right that helps us out of the economic woes that were in now. If he were voted in 4 years ago would we still have the economic woes now? I would say probably not much difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts