Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,646 Posts
Good article - thank you for posting. I've bought a few pairs from Quoddy - I wait for the 20% or $50 off sales, which stills leaves them quite expensive - but they truly seem worth it.

I haven't had them long enough to have proved out their quality, but the look and feel appears to reflect a really good one. And so far, they've been comfortable to wear and holding up very well (for the short time I've had them).

Also, and as noted in the article, it's fun to choose your details as you get the shoes you really want. And the company was a joy to work with. For my first purchase, I had a thread of probably 20 emails in length as I worked through all the details - and the person I worked with was knowledgable and enthusiastic (the second and third purchases were easier as I had the process down).

I'm eyeing another pair, just need to be willing to swallow the price. Here are two of mine (out of the box and "in action" shots):

Footwear Brown Shoe Walking shoe Outdoor shoe
Footwear Shoe Leg Wood Grey
Footwear Brown Material property Natural material Beige
Glasses Jeans Shoe Sunglasses Leg

·
Registered
410 Posts
I’ve bought 5 or 6 pair of Quoddy’s and they are my favorite shoes. I live in my Quoddy’s all summer long. Fading Fast, what color may I ask are your Maine driving shoes? They are very handsome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
13,646 Posts
I've bought 5 or 6 pair of Quoddy's and they are my favorite shoes. I live in my Quoddy's all summer long. Fading Fast, what color may I ask are your Maine driving shoes? They are very handsome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you very much - I'm really happy with how they turned out.

The full combo is:

1x Maine Driver - VibramHandsewnWrapSole
Upper : Horween® Cavalier / Whiskey
Sole Type : Vibram Handsewn Wrap
Sole Color : Vibram Handsewn Wrap / Red
Thread : Natural
Hardware : Antique Brass
Lace : Rawhide / Chestnut
Size : 11.5
Width : D Standard Medium

Next up - when I overcome my cheapness - is a classic boat shoe from Quoddy.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I cannot argue with the forces of supply and demand, but for me, Quoddy has reached gouging territory.

I noticed that their resoling (I wont call it refurbishing since they are not goodyear welted or anything), is now up to $129.

One of the reasons I bought by Quoddy boat shoes years ago was because they used to charge a modest $15 to resole the shoe. Now, they are really good boat shoes, but not 3.5 times better than my other alternatives. A good shoe, but I just cant pay $330 for a boat shoe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.