Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have purchased suits from Jos A Bank:

Couple weeks ago, bought Sign Gold suit online, $328.

I am now looking for a second suit. Looking at the reg signature collection suit seperates. (because I want flat front pants)

However, I am worried about a few main things:

1.) What will the difference be in feel, drape, be in the fact that they are fused, not half canvassed?

2.) In regards to look, the fact there is no pick stitching

3.) any fit differences

Its already been mentioned that the 110 to 120s difference is not a big deal.

The suit seperate sale ends today, so I need to know if it is worth it to buy reg signature to get flat front, or whether I should just wait for sign gold sale, and settle with the double pleats.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
The JAB Signature suits are made from super 110 material....

but they have an added stretch material which is supposed to make them more form fitting; however, they will wrinkle more easily and can be a bear to press. The Joseph suit is a super 100, and is an all round better suit. Sometimes the Joseph comes with no pleats, but I have a couple with only one pleat. IMO it is a much better suit than the
Sig. In fact, I like it much better than the Sig Gold because of its slimmer cut.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I can't answer the quality question, but Bank's will offer comparative sales about 4 times this year and lesser sales just about every month.
I used to get email from JAB when they had a sale. I opted out of receiving that information because it seemed to be weekly.

A few years ago the Attorney General of some Eastern State brought an action against JAB for advertising sales pricing when the 'sale price' was really more common than the price they claimed as the normal price. Alas, I have forgotten the details.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used to get email from JAB when they had a sale. I opted out of receiving that information because it seemed to be weekly.

A few years ago the Attorney General of some Eastern State brought an action against JAB for advertising sales pricing when the 'sale price' was really more common than the price they claimed as the normal price. Alas, I have forgotten the details.
I too have been wondering the legality of their pricing advertising.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
For those of you that have purchased suits from Jos A Bank:

Couple weeks ago, bought Sign Gold suit online, $328.

I am now looking for a second suit. Looking at the reg signature collection suit seperates. (because I want flat front pants)

However, I am worried about a few main things:

1.) What will the difference be in feel, drape, be in the fact that they are fused, not half canvassed?

2.) In regards to look, the fact there is no pick stitching

3.) any fit differences

Its already been mentioned that the 110 to 120s difference is not a big deal.

The suit seperate sale ends today, so I need to know if it is worth it to buy reg signature to get flat front, or whether I should just wait for sign gold sale, and settle with the double pleats.
The signature suits are half-canvassed as well. Unlike what dfloyd says there is no stretch to the signature suits. The only suits that have stretch are the business express and traveller suit seperates.

The fit should be almost identical as they are cut along the same model.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I too have been wondering the legality of their pricing advertising.
It is not illegal. They rotate their prices. About once a week the sale ends and switches to something else. You'll notice that some weeks the super sale is on sweaters, other weeks it will be signature suits, sometimes executive suits, etc.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.