Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I was wondering about opinions of this cotton twill, khaki colored suit by Ralph Lauren at STP:

Is this a good deal? It says it's made in China, so that's a little unfortunate. Not a bad price, though. What would be comparable in that price range?

Also, a question about the sizing at STP. It marks the sizing guide as General(US). So, of the sizes listed, is the 42(36) listing a size 36 jacket in the US system? Or is the jacket a size 42 and the trousers a 36?

Many thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Hey everyone,

I was wondering about opinions of this cotton twill, khaki colored suit by Ralph Lauren at STP:
Bear in mind, it is a Lauren suit and not a Ralph Lauren suit; so the quality will be inferior to RL. I only became aware of the Lauren brand from this forum and there are some threads/posts on the range. People familiar with the brand should be able to give some feedback on the range.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
In this case, the jacket ....

is a size 42 with the trousers having a 36 waist. Light colored cotton suits are very nice, but they tend to wrinkle badly when worn to work. I like them, but I reserved their wear for off work hours. They also require pressing every time you wear them, with frequent dry cleaning required.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
For a cotton suit in that price range, I'd look around for a deal on a suit by Haspel - they make very nice cotton, linen and seersucker suits at a good price (retail) so on sale they're a steal. Far better quality than Lauren for about the same price.

Offhand I think Sierra Trading Post carries them, usually at a nicely discounted price.

D.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.