Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I come to you as I am a little perplexed with a jacket that (in my opinion) I find it at my waist at the shoulders (but you to judge in the photo (s)) but at level of the back or I wonder if it is a jacket that is not my size, because when I walk after a few minutes, the jacket goes back above the buttocks, I do not know if it is a manufacturing defect or it's not my size or it's the cut that's like that.

Here are the photos at the moment I dress the bomber jacket

But after a few minutes of walking that's was heppens

I don't know if it is normal or the size of jacket is smaller than me

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Hello

I come to you as I am a little perplexed with a jacket that (in my opinion) I find it at my waist at the shoulders (but you to judge in the photo (s)) but at level of the back or I wonder if it is a jacket that is not my size, because when I walk after a few minutes, the jacket goes back above the buttocks, I do not know if it is a manufacturing defect or it's not my size or it's the cut that's like that.

Here are the photos at the moment I dress the bomber jacket

But after a few minutes of walking that's was heppens

I don't know if it is normal or the size of jacket is smaller than me
How would you prefer that the jacket fit?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How would you prefer that the jacket fit?
Hello and thanks for reply

I do not exactly know that I'm getting dressed the first time this kind of jacket, so the question more exactly is this jacket fits me or not? did I choose the right size?
because when I walk, the jacket goes up above my buttocks, and I do not know if this is normal with this kind of jacket or not?

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Hello and thanks for reply

I do not exactly know that I'm getting dressed the first time this kind of jacket, so the question more exactly is this jacket fits me or not? did I choose the right size?
because when I walk, the jacket goes up above my buttocks, and I do not know if this is normal with this kind of jacket or not?
I asked because the term bomber jacket can mean different things to different individuals. For me a bomber jacket is a jacket that is waist length, or falls slightly below the waist. Your jacket is one which I would term hip length as it falls roughly at your hip bone.

The jacket does not look too small, though it may be too short if you wish a jacket that fits below your backside. It's common for jackets cut like this one to ride up as you walk, sit, etc. If the bottom hem fit more loosely, then the jacket would tend to fall back in place more easily.

We all have different preferences. Mine would be for either a full cut, shorter jacket gathered at the waist that fits above the hips, or a slightly longer jacket that falls below the hips and fits less snugly around the body so that it would not tend to ride up as much with movement.

·
Suspended
10,801 Posts
This is exactly how one might expect such a jacket to behave - how could it do otherwise? My Harringtons perform in this manner and I yank them down every now and then.

Oh b*ll*cks! I may have accidentally contributed something clothing related. Our resident scientist claims that this is impossible. A new Grand Unified Theory is required.. ....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.