Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazon.com has both the Clark's Original Desert Boot and the Clark's England Desert Boot. It looks like the only difference is the thickness of the sole but I can't be sure. Can anyone tell me the difference between the two? B&C

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
The two are laced differently. But I guess you could lace them however you wanted.

But yes, the English looks like it has a thinner sole. By .5 cm. I'd go with the thicker sole, given that these have a long life. And get dirty.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Judging by the Clark's website and others I believe there to be only one shoe style, desert boot. What I did not realize until today was the range of colors available.

My greatest complaint with desert boots was how badly they stained, if you didn't hit them quickly with a repelant. The dark brown suede make may eliminate that problem. I have placed my order and will report later.

·
Registered
498 Posts
(Bump)

How horrifically bad would it be to wear the brown suede Clarks desert boot with a tweedy suit? Would the width of the trouser opening and/or presence of turn ups be a factor? The toe area is not terribly sleek. But then again compared to many shoes today, the toe box on the Clarks boots is a picture of sophistication :-/

OTOH these things are very comfortable and cheap.

And the cola suede? I already wear these with odd jackets & trousers.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
another thing to be aware of with clarks is that, depending upon where they are made (which "factory"), the fit, width of the sole (yes, really), and materials could be different.

I've owned countless wallabees and treks over the years and have found the construction to be pretty wildly different from pair to pair - especially noticeable is when one buys a repeat pair (as replacement).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.