Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello chaps,

In preparation for boxing day, and an experience I had today, I was hoping the vast knowledge of this forum could help me out. So I was trying on a suit today, and the sleeve length was good, coat length was good, and it was the perfect fit on my chest/sides, but the shoulders felt a little tight. I can't really technically explain it; maybe it was when I flexed, I thought the suit flared open too much. I was wondering if there was any guidelines in determining if a suit's shoulder is right for your body.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Cheers,
Erik

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
For an OTR suit, the most critical aspect is the fit of the shoulders. Chest and waist can be altered, within limits. The same with sleeve length but shoulder fit is critical. If the shoulders don't fit properly don't buy it.

Keep in mind too that many OTR suits are cut differently, therefore a 40R under one label may fit differently from a 40R by another.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
If its only minor, a tailor could adjust it. Whereas chest, sleeve, and waist have a lot of room for "fixes" the shoulder area has less. So if it seems like it just a bit tight when stretching or flexing, I'd take a chance on it, especially if the price is a good one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.