Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jos. A Bank is having a shirt sale. Signature Shirts are $50 and the "regular" line is $30. Does anyone have any opinions....This seems like a decent promotion. I can't swing $100 a shirt for custom shirts in this economy.

· Registered
55 Posts
I've got several JAB Traveler, which are fine for everyday use. I don't have any of the Sig shirts, but assume they are similarly fine. I have both the regular fit and the tailored fit. The tailored fit are much closer to what I would consider a 'normal' fit, while the regular fit are clearly targeted towards 'larger' guys (by which I'm referring to your typical white collar guy, not someone with big bones).

Not too many years ago I was buying my shirts from JC Penny's and the like. These shirts were not marked as tailored or slim fitting; they were just the 'normal' fit of the day. I compared some of my JAB tailored to some of these old shirts, and the cut across the middle is similar. Society as a whole is getting fatter and clothing manufacturers are adapting, to the detriment of those of who are still reasonably shaped.

I would stay away from the JAB pinpoint (i.e. regular) shirts. I had a few, but ended up goodwilling them. They wrinkled like nothing I've ever seen before. Even picking them up off of the ironing board caused wrinkles.

· Registered
5 Posts
I have a few JAB Traveler shirts that I am pretty happy with. I actually just picked up a few more today. There was a 50% off sale today at my local store and some were already marked down. I ended up paying around $25 each.

· Registered
2,603 Posts
Both the traveller's and signatures shirts are nice enough. They rarely go on sale (about twice a year).

If you're not big, I recommend going to the tailored fit.

Although, I am a 15" neck, and the regular fit isn't bad, but they get exponentially bigger.

· Registered
100 Posts
Bought a couple of shirts at the recent sale. They are ridiculously billowy on my frame. I'm going to return them, as I'm sure the trim fit would still be too blousy.

They seem to be of decent enough quality for what they are. They just aren't made for relatively slender people.

· Registered
2,179 Posts
Bought a couple of shirts at the recent sale. They are ridiculously billowy on my frame. I'm going to return them, as I'm sure the trim fit would still be too blousy.

They seem to be of decent enough quality for what they are. They just aren't made for relatively slender people.
Which, sadly, I am not. :(

· Registered
1,876 Posts
If you are looking for a decent shirt at this price point in a slim(mer) fit, try the Tommy Hilfiger "Ithaca" shirt. I think they are usually available for less than $50 or so, and in some relatively attractive colors/patterns. I bought one in a pinch about a year ago (long story, but the town I was in had nothing even remotely resembling a store that would sell my usual go to RTW shirts) and was slightly impressed.

· Registered
2,219 Posts
Why any one would buy a JAB shirt ....

with the much nicer and better fit shirts from England readily available. JAB nor BB make a shirt which can compare to H&H which sells for about $60 at the old higher exchange rate. They should be even cheaper now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.