Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought this would be a question better suited for the Fashion Thread, but seeing as how the Trads seem to appreciate American made clothing, I ask the following....Where can I find an American (or at least non-sweatshop Third-World country) dress shirt.

I have a several BB Must Iron OCBDs (Garland, NC), and J Press shirts, but want some dress shirts to go along.

The American Made thread a while back pointed to mostly MTM options, which I want to avoid because of cost.

Does Joseph Aboud make dress shirts? Their suits are American made sold in Nordstrom--best bet?

Forsythe shirts seem to be decent quality--Union Made in Canada.

Failing that, what shirts do you use?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Off the top of my head, there's

Hamilton Shirts
Gitman Bros.
O'Connells (house brand is made in usa)
F.A. MacCluer
Kenneth Gordon
Fall River Shirt Company
Mercer and Sons

In terms of pricing, F.A. MacCluer, Gitman Bros., and Kenneth Gordon will come in as the cheapest. Best place to source those three brands is your most traditional local men's clothier.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Off the top of my head, there's

Hamilton Shirts
Gitman Bros.
O'Connells (house brand is made in usa)
F.A. MacCluer
Kenneth Gordon
Fall River Shirt Company
Mercer and Sons

In terms of pricing, F.A. MacCluer, Gitman Bros., and Kenneth Gordon will come in as the cheapest. Best place to source those three brands is your most traditional local men's clothier.
Actually the best place to buy Gitman and Kenneth Gordan (recently purchased by Gitman Bros BTW) is Justice Clothing. You can even use the code UNIONPL for 5% discount. Internet only, best prices...

https://www.justiceclothing.com/the... Shirts&sf=category&se=Forsyth&tf=description

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually the best place to buy Gitman and Kenneth Gordan (recently purchased by Gitman Bros BTW) is Justice Clothing. You can even use the code UNIONPL for 5% discount. Internet only, best prices...

https://www.justiceclothing.com/the... Shirts&sf=category&se=Forsyth&tf=description
Thanks guys.
Justice Clothing is where I found out about Forsythe of Canada shirts.

@Mad Hatter. I thought only the must Iron Button Down Collars were American Made. I thought all BB other stuff was from Malaysia.

Cards: I'm going to try Fall River (New England) Shirt Company. They are sold at Emson's in New Haven and at (I think suprisingly) at Press as well.

Good stuff all around. Thanks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
J Press ocbd shirts are now made by Fall River. But Fall River manufactures for others as well and probably to different measurements and specifications than than they do for J Press.

·
Registered
455 Posts

What about the Gitman shirts at Sierra Trading Post? To my mind, those are the best prices I've seen on a Gitman Gold.. especially if there was a coupon, but have to say, limited in terms of styles and colors.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts

If you're looking to replace shirts all at once this Justice place is the way to go, with multi-shirt discounts. I just ordered a couple of Forsyth (Canadian made) for $90 with shipping. I mean, what the hell.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
J Press ocbd shirts are now made by Fall River. But Fall River manufactures for others as well and probably to different measurements and specifications than than they do for J Press.
Perhaps my skin is sensitive, but the material in the Press ocbd shirts with flap that I recently bought is a bit coarse compared to Brooks Brothers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.