Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after being initially very pleased with the AE Fifth Avenues I picked up yesterday I've now noticed a manufacturing defect of sorts. It seems like the detail stitch on the quarter of the right shoe is defective; it is almost as if the thread broke half way through the stitch, leaving voids and some thread sticking up. In the picture I show which thread I'm talking about but on the left shoe (only took the one pic last night).

This is my first pair of AE's and while I love the style and fit, I'm not impressed with the quality control on this pair.

· Registered
4 Posts
I am very new to this forum but I am not new to Allen Edmond shoes. I currently own 8 pair the oldest of which is 20+ years old.

I suggest you call AE customer service and tell them the problem and see what they say. My experience has been that they are quite reasonable about returns or repairs.

· Registered
1,415 Posts
They'll certainly handle the return, and I still can't see the defect in your more recent pics. But there have been numerous threads talking about a rise in defects/cost cutting at AE with the most recent designs.

As I mentioned in an ealrier thread- I saw it on two new pairs sitting in the store and a sales person said the AE rep acknowledged they are hearing more complaints.

· Registered
26 Posts
AE Fifth Avenue Defects

I was at the AE store at the Natick Collection and saw a sample 5th Avenue where the stitch that is forward of the brougue detail on the toe cap was completely missing - there was no stitch there at all when other examples clearly had it. The salesman said I was the first to notice that besides him.

You would think on a sample that they would take more care than that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.