Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The care instructions for a 100% wool sweater read "Do Not Dry Clean." Handwashing is recommended. There is no ornamentation on the garment. I just assumed that all wool garments can be dry cleaned. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Ideally hand-washed, although I have put wool sweaters in a wash-machine and then dry and they were fine. Only started hand-washing them as well when one shrunk in the washing machine, it has spoilt the fabric a bit and I have it took my a while to get in stretched out.

I find they do not need to be cleaned as option, especially if worn with a shirt.

·
Tech and Business Advice Guru
6,643 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I wash all my wool and cashmere sweaters ....

You don't need to hand wash them. If there is a stain, use a prewash spray, then wash in cold water in a lingerie bag, using a cold water detergent like Woolite. You might turn the sweater inside out prior to washing. Tumble in the dryer on air only for about 15minutes, then lay flat, hand form, and finish drying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.