Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster. Been lurking for a while.First time poster. Thank you to everyone here. I have learned a tremendous amount from this site.
Anyway, I have been looking for a Purple and Navy Gingham MTM shirt for a long while. I have tried some of the usual choices from members such as Hameranjabi; Janzten; Mohan; Maxwells Clothiers. No dice. Has anyone seen any purple or navy gingham from the moderate price MTM providers? I saw them at BB MTM but they are listed at around $190 a shirt. Was hoping for something a bit cheaper.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More clear

I realize that I should have made my post more clear.
I am looking for a purple gingham shirt and a navy gingham shirt.
Not 1 shirt with both navy and purple in it. I realized that the post may have been a little confusing.
Again, I really appreciate any help-Ive checked everywhere I could think of.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Gingham

My friend

I recommend looking at a few of the British makers. TM Lewin, Coles, Hawes and Curtis as well.
Try Thomas Pink.Also Hilditch and Key.
And Turnbull and Asser.
That color stands out, and believ Hawes and Curtis, and TM Lewin may have this in a RTW. You may find in the sale section now, since summer almost over.
If you can do RTW. I am surprised you cant find a Gingham fabric, in MTM.
Again, most of the British do. Try Carl here from CEGO. One well liked here, a member, and custom shirtmaker.
Good luck

Nice day

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the help. I appreciate the suggestions, but I really do need a MTM shirt. Have a real tough time with RTW.

With respect to CEGO, my understaning is that, if anything, Carl's shirts would be more expensive than the BB shirts, not less. Am I wrong? Worst case, maybe he would know someone who would have it though....I will contact him. Thanks.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Thank you for the help. I appreciate the suggestions, but I really do need a MTM shirt. Have a real tough time with RTW.

With respect to CEGO, my understaning is that, if anything, Carl's shirts would be more expensive than the BB shirts, not less. Am I wrong? Worst case, maybe he would know someone who would have it though....I will contact him. Thanks.
I have no idea what Carl's pricing is but look at it this way - you CLEARLY want these shirts which means you will DEFINITELY wear these shirts...Sooo...either make one instead of two and make it EXACTLY as you want, or instead of going out one night for dinner or having an extra couple of drinks on a weekend, etc...splurge, spend a little more and enjoy them! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with what you are saying. And if it were just $300 bucks for 2 shirts, i would probably just go for it. But aren't there initial minimums? I'd hate to spend $600+ for 5 shirts, when I only really want 2. Sorry if i am being so difficult.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.