Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
If your freind is buying it for UK delivery, he will pay VAT unless you can show delivery to you someho.
Also, have them shipped via Post.
Commercial carriers will collect customs duties, whiole our government monopoly often does not.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
i was hoping to get a pair of K. Geiger Edward Greens. I have a friend in UK who will purchase it on the webpage. Unfortunately the company doesn't ship to the US directly.
He will automatically pay for VAT, which you will have to try to claim back.

As mentioned Pediware, https://www.pediwear.co.uk/, will be a good UK website to purchases from. If you can wait, they do have some sales xmas/Jan time.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I gather our remarkably prudent and financially moderate government are planning to cut VAT tomorrow as part of their master plan to increase public borrowing to as yet unimagined heights. Give them a few more months and this discussion will probably be academic as the country will be totally bankrupt and you'll be able to get the shoes as part of the UK's closing down sale... ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.