Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
This is not a punched cap, but a wing tip and in my opinion is the most elegent RTW shoe available

G&G's Windsor is nice too with a V cap...and you can add a medallion if you wish or a straight cap

·
Registered
2,689 Posts

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
I'm quoting myself blindly, but . . .

. . . I believe that I'm wearing punch cap monks (Crockett & Jones, not Lobb, but you get the idea) in the photos in posting to "What Are You Wearing Today?" with a grey suit.

https://askandyaboutclothes.com/community/showpost.php?p=945642&postcount=11282

Forgive me if the posting quoted is incorrect, as I cannot see my own photos from my office PC (security issues with the Web).

·
Registered
27,618 Posts
They will be very versatile, and they are beautiful. Disregarding my personal preference for brown shoes, I'd love to have a pair. Unlike some of our English cousins, I do not think them a form of blucher/derby, and I do think them suitable with a lounge suit in business settings. They are not the most formal shoe one could wear with such attire, but they're probably about a 6.5 or 7 on a 10-point formality scale of what we Americans call dress shoes.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Monks are probably one of the most versatile shoes you can have in your rotation. Especially if you get a antique chestnut or oxblood color. They look great with trousers and an odd jacket, perfect with a pair of chinos, jeans, or with a flannel suit or some other casual suit such as a worsted glen plaid or windowpane.

I would not wear them with a solid colored business suit in gray, navy or brown. I would not wear them in the evening to a formal dress (dark suit or black tie.) affair.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.