Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nope, I'm not sellin' nuttin'!

But in my on-line window shopping, I visited AAAC advertiser Herring to ogle their tasty footwear. When what should I spy with my little eye, one pair of Alfred Sargent Moore Adelaide quarter-brogues left on sale! They're UK 10F which should equate roughly to a US 11D. (They did for the one pair of AS shoes I own.)

For any who don't know, these are extremely high quality and stylish shoes. Those who've seen both say they compare in terms of quality with Gaziano and Girling with which they share some similarities of style. A note on fit, AS shoes tend to have higher insteps (Which work great for me!) and these appear to share that characteristic.

If I could in any way justify purchasing these, I'd snatch them up! But if I did, and my wife didn't shoot me, I'd have to shoot myself. :(

https://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?&brandid=55&shoeid=11925

· Registered
2,971 Posts
Indeed, I have this exact shoe in Chestnut and my son has it in Cherry. It is a beautiful shoe and competes well with my G and Gs for overall fit and finish plus this last has more of a chisel toe which I prefer - all for a fraction of a price of many other shoes. I like the AS exclusive shoe more than the higher price C and J mainline. I really wonder what the AS hand grade must be like but as far as I can tell it really is more of a MTO situation (I have not found any stockists for these shoes!?). At 350 or so dollars this is a great shoe - indeed on shoes for 21 year old thread I posted this picture of this shoe in multiple colors:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.