Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
O'Connell's is a go to source for me for quality and style, all-be-it, at a price. They rarely hold sales. But for any whom it might interest, they are.

https://www.oconnellsclothing.com/?utm_source=Email+Created+2012/10/31,+7:24+PM&utm_campaign=New+Website&utm_medium=email
Have one of their heavy DB overcoats in charcoal purchased about 8-10 years ago, not a flimsy lightweight as one might find these days, not sure but I believe Cardinal make. I have several comparable in weight, J. Press, a few of British make, BB Golden fleece and a few others. Dollar for dollar quality wise you would be hard pressed to find better especially at their sale prices and choices in outerwear alone in my opinion. Won't go go into trousers, same applies.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bought a pair of flannel trousers and an overcoat! Now I'm impatiently waiting for them to ship it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have one of their heavy DB overcoats in charcoal purchased about 8-10 years ago, not a flimsy lightweight as one might find these days, not sure but I believe Cardinal make. I have several comparable in weight, J. Press, a few of British make, BB Golden fleece and a few others. Dollar for dollar quality wise you would be hard pressed to find better especially at their sale prices and choices in outerwear alone in my opinion. Won't go go into trousers, same applies.
O'Connell's is an old-fashioned, high-quality men's retailer in every good sense. Fifty years ago they wouldn't have been very unusual or special. Perhaps a little larger than what was typical, with a more extensive inventory with uniformly fine quality at full retail pricing. Today, they're virtually the last of the Mohicans.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me take another run at defining O'Connell's: Can you find better? Sure! Can you find cheaper? Sure! You can even find some stuff that offers more bang for the buck. But can you find a single retailer that has this much variety and level of quality, plus good customer service with prices equivalent to quality? H**l no!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
O'Connell's is an old-fashioned, high-quality men's retailer in every good sense. Fifty years ago they wouldn't have been very unusual or special. Perhaps a little larger than what was typical, with a more extensive inventory with uniformly fine quality at full retail pricing. Today, they're virtually the last of the Mohicans.
Well said. As someone who has recollections of what haberdashers were 50 years ago I can attest, O'connell's is tried, true, tested and proven. Their longevity is a testament to their business model.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
I went ahead and placed an order but the website would not reflect the sale price even though the trousers were clearly marked as 20% off. I have ordered from O'Connell's in the past but exclusively over the phone.

I left a note a note on the checkout page,....So I hope they will reflect the discount.

I'll give them a call Monday.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went ahead and placed an order but the website would not reflect the sale price even though the trousers were clearly marked as 20% off. I have ordered from O'Connell's in the past but exclusively over the phone.

I left a note a note on the checkout page,....So I hope they will reflect the discount.

I'll give them a call Monday.
Sorry to learn that. Let us know how you're treated. I've always received prompt and efficient assistance from them by phone.

Curiously, I've had this same problem with a different, unrelated vendor. Hmm . . . ? :icon_scratch:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.