Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I had a couple of those up on my screen switching back and forth trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger last night. SWMBO walked in and said "You don't need any more shoes". I reminded her that she owned more pairs than I do and had a pair on the way via UPS right now but logic does not work on her.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I had a couple of those up on my screen switching back and forth trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger last night. SWMBO walked in and said "You don't need any more shoes". I reminded her that she owned more pairs than I do and had a pair on the way via UPS right now but logic does not work on her.
I'm dangerously close this. Any more shoes and I will be making an all day trip to DSW with my spouse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thankfully nothing in my size. Curious what peoples experience have been with the Shoe Snobs shoes?
I have 4 pairs - my experience has been very good. They are all extremely comfortable, and very well finished. QC is obviously good. I bought all mine on various degrees of sale, but they are worth their regular retail price and more.

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
I have the Westlake in Hazel calf and forest tweed. Far and away the best $225 boot I’ve ever bought. However the exchange rate has pushed them up to $250.

At full price in early Fall, they were in Carmina territory, which is where I’d place them quality wise. Now they are entering EB realm, and they fall short.

They do offer unique styling, which is not quantifiable monetarily, and could justify their relatively high price/quality ratio.

In summary, they are a well made quality midpriced shoe/boot. They are competitively priced, but the changing exchange rate is making them less so. If I’m having trouble justifying Carmina’s pricing in light of CS and EB’s availability, then at current rates, JF is more difficult to justify for full price. You had better be in love with the style to warrant the full price premium, otherwise spend a few bucks more for EB, they are noticeably superior.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have the Westlake in Hazel calf and forest tweed. Far and away the best $225 boot I've ever bought. However the exchange rate has pushed them up to $250.

At full price in early Fall, they were in Carmina territory, which is where I'd place them quality wise. Now they are entering EB realm, and they fall short.

They do offer unique styling, which is not quantifiable monetarily, and could justify their relatively high price/quality ratio.

In summary, they are a well made quality midpriced shoe/boot. They are competitively priced, but the changing exchange rate is making them less so. If I'm having trouble justifying Carmina's pricing in light of CS and EB's availability, then at current rates, JF is more difficult to justify for full price. You had better be in love with the style to warrant the full price premium, otherwise spend a few bucks more for EB, they are noticeably superior.
He is moving to the US and opening a store in NYC due to immigration issues in England. The shoes will still be made in Spain and I assume will be priced here in USD and the dollar to pound exchange won't matter. If not then I will switch to Carlos Santos, Yanko, EB or possibly Meermin Linea Maestro (that's pretty much down to GMTO now).

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I have 4 shoes from J Fitzpatrick: 1 MTO, 2 Sale shoes and the lastly a shoe he did with patina by Dandy Shoe Care. They are all good quality and compared to other brands available at the same quality in the UK good value. If there is something in the sale you like I would say go for it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Justin's shoes are comfortable and well made, and a steal at sale prices. His customer service is also fantastic. If I hadn't allocated the bulk of my shoe money to some GMTOs I'd pick up a pair or two in this sale for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.