Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a pair of suede spectators at a local consignment store over the summer. It was hot out and my feet must have been a little swollen when I tried them on. They seemed to fit fine at the time, but on subsequent wearings my feet were sliding forward and felt fatigued after a few hours. The cork bed feels worn down and I am optimistic than replacing it would address both the fit and comfort issues.

Investigating that will take some time and money. Before embarking on the project I thought I would tap the collective expertise of this forum in an attempt to determine their provenance. If I have something unique/rare/special, I'm happy to work with it. If it's something I'm likely to see again with a better fit, I'll probably toss them back on the market.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on the shoes themselves or the feasibility of my cork bed replacement idea.

Thanks!

Note brass 'V' on heel:

Inside says "Volare exclusively designed by Paolo Leone made in Italy"

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I picked up a pair of suede spectators at a local consignment store over the summer. It was hot out and my feet must have been a little swollen when I tried them on. They seemed to fit fine at the time, but on subsequent wearings my feet were sliding forward and felt fatigued after a few hours. The cork bed feels worn down and I am optimistic than replacing it would address both the fit and comfort issues.

Investigating that will take some time and money. Before embarking on the project I thought I would tap the collective expertise of this forum in an attempt to determine their provenance. If I have something unique/rare/special, I'm happy to work with it. If it's something I'm likely to see again with a better fit, I'll probably toss them back on the market.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on the shoes themselves or the feasibility of my cork bed replacement idea.

Thanks!

Note brass 'V' on heel:

Inside says "Volare exclusively designed by Paolo Leone made in Italy"
Interesting. Kind of a boxy toe...

Maybe different socks might help?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.