Men's Clothing Forums banner

Prince Charles Visits the Row

4K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Khnelben 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Her very lowness with her head in a sling, I'm very sorry but it sounds like a wonderful thing.

Royalty always irked me. I wonder how much he spent, and how much of a discount he got, as I'm sure those people rarely pay full price.

#6 ·
Weren't some forum members saying that the prince abandoned bespoke tailoring in favor of MTM from T&A?
For his daily suits. He changed from Anderson & Sheppard bespoke for Turnbull & Asser MTM.

He still use Gieves for navy and military uniforms. G&H made his wedding suit in 1981; the suits for William and Harry at his wedding in 2005. Prince Charles may have used G&H for his wedding suit in 2005.
William and Harry use G&H themselves.

G&H hold all three British Royal Warrants: The Queen, Prince Phillip (Queen's husband) and Prince Charles.

So even if the royal family get a big discount at G&H and John Lobb, they spend serious amounts of money there. Prince Charles used Anderson & Sheppard for 20 years, he probably more then 20 suits from them, then think of spare blazers and trousers.

#9 ·
Prince Charles Visits His Shoemaker

ahhh.... the tradition and history. How amazing to think that he continues to have his shoes made in the same way gentlemen have been for generations. I would presume that this is at Lobb.

All I need now is to get him some hangers...

Cheers,

Kirby Allison
Kirby Allison's Hanger Project
Premium Luxury Wooden Hangers

#12 ·
Whom did he leave A&S for

And why?

I recall Tom Mahon mentioned he use to be the cutter for him, but since Mahon left A&S...and the Prince didn't follow Mahon...why did the Prince use a new cutter...who was not with A&S?
I have no substantive information, rather I was responding to an earlier thread that alleged he had abandonded bespoke for RTW. Take with a grain of salt.

#13 ·
he left for ...

Turnbull & Asser - in the past they made shirts for him. Now its the whole set.

It was discussed in many newspapers and some society magazine had a pic of him and Camilla with side notes stating that he was wearing a T&A suit.

It was also confirmed to me in the T&A Jermy street shop.

P.s. where did you get the photo from ? I wanted to see if it indeed confirmed it was at Lobb as i heard PoW was using Edward Green.

Andrey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.