Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday I was loking at the homepage of Thomas Pink. I was looking for a key holder:

At first I looked at the english site:

Then I looked at exactly the same item at the international site:

The price is without shipping: If I calculate in Swedish crowns: At the UK site the price is 29 pounds = 341 SEK

At the international site: 70 Euro = 765 SEK

So the price is more than 100 % more expensive at the international site compared to the UK site, both sites belonging to Thomas Pink.

I was a bit disappointed, since I really wanted to buy a key holder, now I am not so certain.

Could there be an error involved?

What are your opinions, gentlemen?

· Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
problem with links

There seems to be a problem with the links.

But it is easy to compare prices between the international, UK and the english site on this item. They are all different.

Opinions, anyone?

· Registered
2,689 Posts
It is not an error, a lot companies do this; they charge one price for where they are based and then a higher for foreign countries.

I cannot remember which forum member posted information about a sale on the Charles Tyrwhitt website; however, the price for US-based customers higher compared to prices for British-based customers. I have experienced this Ralph Lauren, $60 polo on the their website selling for £55 in the UK; not a good price especially when at one point £55=$110, so double the price.

When A&F opened their store in London, they also introduced e-commerce to their UK website. As there was a clear difference between US and UK prices, people based in the UK could not longer access the US website even if they typed .com.

· Registered
3,297 Posts
Visit the Turnbull & Asser UK site and one can actually order from them, however not if one is located in the U.S. This probably has something to do with merchandising rights as well. Why would someone buy T&A here stateside for $300+ when one could order it from their UK website for <$200.

· Registered
2,603 Posts
Visit the Turnbull & Asser UK site and one can actually order from them, however not if one is located in the U.S. This probably has something to do with merchandising rights as well. Why would someone buy T&A here stateside for $300+ when one could order it from their UK website for <$200.
Because some people have more money than sense. :devil:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.