Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All those who own alden/AE shell cordovan shoes, how do you guys avoid getting scuffs on your shoes? Please be gentle if this has been asked before ... a nudge to the right thread will be a bonus :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have two pairs of Alden shell cordovan monk straps that I have worn hundreds of time with little maintenance. The only place I have had scuffs are on the sides of the heel. They are not the same kind of scuffs I've had on calf skin shoes -- more of an impression in the leather than a scratch or scuff, perhaps caused by a desk chair. Anyway, I went all of last summer without wearing either pair and when I pulled them out of my closet in the fall, the scuffs or impressions had almost (but not completely) vanished. If you apply wax polish, use it sparingly as others have suggested. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I follow AAAC-famous "McArthur method" for shell care ... But do I find that I keep getting smallish scuffs near the toe area. Even though they tend to (almost) vanish after some brushing/buffing, I was just wondering if you guys do anything spl to avoid scuffs in the first place ... OTOH, it just might be the way I walk ...

Does anyone else notice the same problem with scuffs in the toe area? The pics of shells I see in the footwear thread are so damn gorgeous and look so immaculate ... some even after 15 years of wear!

One thing though, these alden 990s are very, very comfortable ... I just don't want to damage these beauties afterall!

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
I put my shell chukkas through hell today. They look fine. That's the beauty of shell.

When I've gotten a scuff, I just wipe 'em down with a damp cloth, let them dry and then brush vigorously. Usually that takes care of it. Polish is needed only rarely.

·
Registered
998 Posts
All those who own alden/AE shell cordovan shoes, how do you guys avoid getting scuffs on your shoes? Please be gentle if this has been asked before ... a nudge to the right thread will be a bonus :)
I'll be easy on you.

To prevent scuffs. Don't wear your shoes.

The only shoes that don't get scuffed are shoes that aren't worn.

To fix scuffs, follow the advice already given.:icon_smile_big:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.