Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to pick up a pair of black dress shoes (suitable for wearing with a suit/to office). I currently only own Ferragamos (I like the contemporary designs). Allan Edmonds (when I have looked at them) are too conservative for my tastes.

Does anyone have any experience/advice for picking up these shoes on the cheap? I haven't seen any widespread discounting on these shoes at all to date. I'm hoping XMAS sales will change that.. but I don't have experience with Ferragmo sales etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Have you considered Brooks Brothers? Their designs are pretty run-of-the-mill, but classic. I'm sure you can get a bargain after Christmas. There's actually a recent thread discussing how big of a steal one will make at Brooks Brothers after Christmas.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
If you are a farragamo fan you should send a PM to Holdfast. He has info on farragamo. Also, Barneys NM, Bergdorf's has sales on these shoes. You may not get the exact shoe you like but there are always some on sale. Also go to the Farragamo store in NY. You will find things on sale.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you considered Brooks Brothers? Their designs are pretty run-of-the-mill, but classic. I'm sure you can get a bargain after Christmas. There's actually a recent thread discussing how big of a steal one will make at Brooks Brothers after Christmas.
I stopped by BB today. I was exactly surprised how much the MSRP is on their shoes. Found a pair that seemed OK by contemporary standards (not as well styled as a ferragmo.. proprotion of the toe slightly off).. and it was $470. Even at 25% off I would just go Ferragmo at that price point. Thanks for the tip, will monitor the st

·
Registered
780 Posts
Not that I am a fan of Brooks Bros, but my guess is that their shoes will outlast
most, except the highest-end Ferragamos, which I believe are the Terrameza (sp)
line. I would also check out Weston, which I believe is still on Madison Ave. Their
shoes range from very conservative to quite contemporary. And they are
bullet-proof. Bonara; I do not know who carries this brand in NYC, is elegant and
sturdy. Probably worth a serious look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.