Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whether it be a sport coat, tie, shoes, trousers, bag, doesn’t matter. Any sartorial item or accessory goes.
One needn’t even own it or be able to “pull it off”. If you do own the item, please indicate within your post reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My submission is far from trad or anything usually seen on this forum. It is the jacket worn by Charlie Prince (Ben Foster) in the 2007 remake of 3:10 to Yuma. It's quite popular with film clothing buffs and is offered by several jacket makers in the online realm. It's not a far cry from the jacket Cliff Secord (Billy Campbell) wears in The Rocketeer, save for the tails on Charlie's jacket and a couple of other appointments. I would get a good bit of use out of this while on my motorcycle, but I imagine I'd find a more trustworthy maker before spending bucks on an MTM leather jacket. Also,
I'm undecided on color, though the ivory/natural holds my attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
:beer:

If I had to pick one item that consistently makes me go "wow" - right out loud as often as not - it wouldn't be a pair of shoes or boots.

It would be my Kiton cashmere sport coat. The images cannot convey the absurdly luxurious and indulgent feel of this garment.
I have a cashmere sports jacket made from Loro Piana cloth and yes it feels great. I wish it weren't quite so warm, I would wear it a lot more often. I like to wear a sports coat and tie over a suit any day and you and Claghorn over at SF are the people that inspire me in that area. Your taste in shoes is pretty close to mine also albeit quite a bit over my budget.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I have a cashmere sports jacket made from Loro Piana cloth and yes it feels great. I wish it weren't quite so warm, I would wear it a lot more often. I like to wear a sports coat and tie over a suit any day and you and Claghorn over at SF are the people that inspire me in that area. Your taste in shoes is pretty close to mine also albeit quite a bit over my budget.
Cheers my man.

I find that I am far more likely to be in sport coat and tie than in a suit at the office these days - probably three days out of five on average

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.