Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,965 Posts
I might be a big guy: 6'3", 255 lbs, 18" neck, 48L jacket, but I have a delicate 40" waist. This means that I have to have all my jackets taken in at the waist. I find that most stores carry what I need, if at the larger end of their spectrum. Unfortunately, this also means that few such items are manufactured, and that I find few "steals" in clearance sections, stores like TJMaxx, or Ebay deals. (I'm cheap, what can I say?)

· Registered
2,965 Posts
Another quick question. I want to order some shirts through BB for the semi-annual sale, and after having washed my one oxford a few times, I'm wondering if I might need to go up in sleeve length. The sleeves look alright when I hold them down at my sides, but when I move around, they tend to ride up into my jacket, and when I put my arms on my desk or something, they ride up my arm. I'm not sure if this is normal or not, and I'm afraid they might get a little shorter over time with shrinkage. On the other hand, I'm wondering if a 34" (up from a 33") would be too long.

Pictures (hopefully these are good enough):

Arms at sides #1.

Arms at sides #2. (before I washed it some more, but about the same give or take a couple millimeters. Ignore the wrinkles.)

Arms bent on desk.

It wouldn't be that big of a deal to order one of the shirts in a 34" sleeve, but then I'd have to spend money to send the shirt(s) back for an exchange; I'm getting really tired of doing this.

Oh, and by the way, I don't think I'm going to bother trying out a "regular" fit. I looked at myself in the mirror the other day, and I think until I lose more than a few pounds, a regular fit will be too tight around my midsection when I sit down. The traditional fit is slightly baggy, but it accommodates the weight I carry in my stomach. I figure I can always get the traditional fit taken in later down the road when I lose weight. I just don't want to have to process anymore returns to simply see if one shirt fits me slightly better than another. Wouldn't you guys agree?

Thanks.
Buy a 34", and if it is a tad too long, move the sleeve button 1/2" inch (or whatever). Easy squeezy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.