Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I agree with Vespa. I much prefer loose, camp-collar shirts (Manila shirts, as we called them in another part of the world) that have square tails and are meant to be worn outside rather than tucked in. In light-coloured cotton or linen, these shirts are very comfortable on hot days. I have quite a few polos as well, and have always thought they looked fine on me. If they make you look like you have a bit too much tummy, you could probably wear them tucked in. But then the comfort of a loose shirt worn outside is absent. The other solution, if you are dead set on wearing polos, is to go a size or two larger, and have them be loose overall.

The gut problem seems to have disappeared for me, and not due to any great effort on my part. It was mainly because of a low-carb, low-sugar diet I have been under for a while, and a diabetes medication I was put on recently (Ozempic). At 5'-7", I am now at 140 lbs, a weight I was last at in 1990! And my latest A1c number (6.4) has put me below the diabetes range, which has made my endocrinologist positively delirious. One hopes things will stay that way, but of course, one never knows. That's the beauty of life in your seventies, LOL.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Yeossal makes some great long sleeve polo shirts with collars that maintain their shape, and the polos don't shrink either. They are not cheap, but worth it considering I haven't found anything else like them on the market.

I specifically bought the type of polo below to be worn with sports coats and casual suits.

If you only want short sleeve polos and don't mind yearly sizing consistencies, Spier & Mackay makes some polos with decent collars that maintain shape, and are 1/3 the price.
Great pair of trousers, my friend! I love the cut and the single pleat.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
At first, I thought it was something like "Yowza!", a very strange exclamation that some folks have been known to employ to indicate an emotion that I have still not understood.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts