Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
(aka TKI67)
3,195 Posts
I agree with Vespa. I much prefer loose, camp-collar shirts (Manila shirts, as we called them in another part of the world) that have square tails and are meant to be worn outside rather than tucked in. In light-coloured cotton or linen, these shirts are very comfortable on hot days. I have quite a few polos as well, and have always thought they looked fine on me. If they make you look like you have a bit too much tummy, you could probably wear them tucked in. But then the comfort of a loose shirt worn outside is absent. The other solution, if you are dead set on wearing polos, is to go a size or two larger, and have them be loose overall.

The gut problem seems to have disappeared for me, and not due to any great effort on my part. It was mainly because of a low-carb, low-sugar diet I have been under for a while, and a diabetes medication I was put on recently (Ozempic). At 5'-7", I am now at 140 lbs, a weight I was last at in 1990! And my latest A1c number has put me below the diabetes range, which has made my endocrinologist positively delirious. One hopes things will stay that way, but of course, one never knows. That's the beauty of life in your seventies, LOL.
+1 on wearing the hot weather shirt untucked. I was afraid to include that lest I be berated by the "we must have standards" folk. After all, this is not the Trad forum where quirky affectations (often associated with the way many preps wear their clothing) are more common!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts