Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Honored Professor | Moderator, All Forums
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The story of the Swann Club is now fairly well known -- the regular gathering brought together by Maison Berluti to discuss shoes and polish their prized footwear...using Dom Perignon rather than plain water to enhance the shine. Setting aside the romanticism (or perhaps pretense), is the application of champagne really a good idea in the care of one's shoes. It's been a very long time since I took a chemistry course, but one would think that the acid and sugars in champagne would not be an advisable addition to shoe leather -- even in this small amount. Any thoughts or observations?

·
Banned
92 Posts
Well I don't know about Champagne but I use Vodka on my gloves if they are really dirty. Of course it's leather too. It makes the gloves quite hard but after five years my gloves still exist. Though it has made them very stiff.

Why I did it in the first place? Because my girlfriend dropped something in a trash bin which she should not have and I plunged in to get it.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
might seem like a good idea at the time, but...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.